Saturday’s Holiday How-To’s
HOLIDAY HOW-TO’s at the NYM Holiday Craft Fair & Fundraiser.
With Love from the Cupboard – Saturday, December 3 from 11:00am 6:00pm
Owner Chef Nicole is a new purveyor of Grandma-inspired artisanal baked goods, and will serve a portion of her sweet collection to celebrate the beginning of the 2011 Holiday Season! Showcased in a Vintage Victorian-styled Holiday display, guests will enjoy a sweet treat, be able to place holiday orders and learn more about her heirloom collection. And for those wanting to create their own holiday treats, Chef Nicole will be doing live demonstrations and baking Q&A!!
DEMONSTRATION promptly at @ Noon:
- How to make, sculpt and color sugar flowers including…
- Principles of working with and coloring edible molding materials – gum paste, fondant & marzipan
- Sculpting sugar flowers with sugar tools
- Bringing sugar flowers “to life” with petal and luster dust
- Decorating a mock cake with floral creations
The Hungry Bunny Supper Club – Saturday, December 3 from 11:00 – 6:00pm
Remember the best dinner party you’ve ever been to? Now spice it up with neighbors, acquaintances, and even strangers. That’s the Hungry Bunny Supper Club: a way to bring people together to share good food and conversation. But the best part is bringing people together around food– an experience that has spanned history and cultures. Hosted once a month in a downtown Jersey City apartment, HB seats 8 people and asks for a donation to cover food costs. Fresh local flavor paired with locals? Sounds like a dinner party worth remembering.- Founder, Katelyn Belyus
DEMONSTRATION promptly @ 1pm:
- How to make citrus salt
- Quick herb citrus butter
- Refrigerator lemons in oil/ garlic (for sandwiches)
- Citrus drawer fresheners (party favors)
- Glittery, sugarplum-y lemons (table centerpiece)
- And that ol’ holiday standby, the lemon pomander (another table centerpiece option)
All Kinds of Whoopie’s, “Let’s Make Whoopie…Pies!” – Friday and Saturday, December 2 & 3
DEMONSTRATION promptly @ 2pm, Saturday Dec 3:
The most humbling aspect of our whoopie pie is its simplicity: Two succulent cake patties filled with delicious creamy filling of your choice that will leave you coming back for more. Here at All Kinds of Whoopie, we believe in putting care, passion and creativity into our fabulous whoopie pies!
Ring in the 2011 Holiday Season with a twist on your favorite treats. Owner, Adriana Jaworski will be offering a selection from our holiday flavors as well as our signature line. From Peppermint to Pumpkin Spice, our fabulous whoopie pies will have you screamin’ All Kinds of Whoopie…So, stop by our table for a chance to experience pure euphoria, take home some prizes, get great deals for booking your holiday orders and learn how to “Make Whoopie”!
- Whoopie’s Anatomy: anatomy of a whoopie pie
- Let’s make some whoopie: Batter Up!
- Spice up your whoopie: creative toppings/additions to give your whoopie pies that extra “UMPH”
Contact: Adriana Jaworski, firstname.lastname@example.org